An exhibition of work by Group of Seven artist Arthur Lismer.
This, the final in the series of exhibitions from the Sobey Collections, features the work of three Canadian landscape painters.
A major retrospective exhibition of work by Canadian artist Alex Colville, organized by the Art Gallery of Ontario. The exhibition presented over 150 paintings, drawings, and prints, covering the artist's career from the 1940s to the present, and included work from both public and private collections in Canada, the United States and Europe.
An exhibition of the photographic work of Halifax artist Alvin Comiter, covering a period of almost ten years.
Twelve paintings were shown by Dutch-born, Quebec artist Cornelius Krieghoff (1815-1872), best known for his lively renditions of Quebec habitant life.
Examples of work by three of the founding members of the Group of Seven.
A display of paintings by three additional member of the Group of Seven and their colleague Tom Thomson.
The work of four young Canadian artists, guest curated by Halifax sculptor John Greer.
The work in the exhibition are studies of windows painted at different times of the day and night, open and closed, and in different contexts. The work is concerned with the formal qualities of surface and scale, as well as with the more personal and metaphorical aspects which the window image has for the artist.
An exhibition of new and recent work by Halifax artist John Murchie. Murchie employs readily available and accessible images, often those on advertising and packing materials, by transforming and recycling them through the application of paint.
An historic overview of impressions created by artists living in Nova Scotia from c.1750-1869.
As a sequel to the selection of etchings from the permanent collection, this showing featured engravings and woodcuts.
The trilogy of print exhibitions from the Permanent Collection closed with a selection of lithographs.
The Dalhousie Art Gallery's collection of 19th Century European prints were acquired primarily through a generous donation from the Carnegie Corporation in 1926. This selection concentrated on the etchings in that collection.